Monday, September 10, 2012

Rose DeFlore: Children's Games

It had been a few days since the Golems attacked. My sister was being praised as a hero for standing her ground and regain the composure of the masses when the moment presented itself. Of course she was being completely modest about. It's enough to make me gag. My sister had all ways been the goodie-goodie dear heart that would get all the positive attention and praise. Not like she doesn't have any help ever form lowly ruffians like me.

Lotus never had an appreciation for my "talents", but they have been so useful in the past. I remember the time I hacked into the College of Statics to get her accepted, she was furious for days at me. She didn't like when I paid for her birthday present with the money I stole from the Inquest. I remember her face when I threatened to join them out of sheer spite. I never would of course, they had no honor in what they did, but since dear sister always thought to put me on the same level why not use it as leverage.

I suppose I am content to let her have all the glory this time. Since I do not wish to draw my self to the attention of Zojja or the Council about why I was poking around in the golem manufacturing data base. Kicks and giggles are not an appropriate response for what may have cause the total destruction of the Metrica Province. I was terrified at first when the golems started attacking, I feared that I had started the attacks at first, until I noticed that the commands were being made manually into the golems, not by proxy though the system I was currently on. If my sister was scary enough on her own. But Zojja would have killed me if I had accidently triggered a mutiny. I should know... I saw the vid feeds of her threats before she took on the inquest.

Still it would have been nice to have some recognition for putting in the virus that helped shut down the defenses of the Prototype X's defenses protocol. It couldn't be helped, so I decided to go through Rata Sum to relive the stress of the past few days. I was getting a bit hungry when I thought to use my other talents to swipe a few coins to get a decent bite to eat. I had to be careful as most people would turn me in to the golems for theft at a drop of a hat. Then I saw him. A tall Sylvari looking as out of place as a green tree in a steel city. With us being as close to the Grove as we were it was not surprising to find them coming into our territory. Still, this dope basically screamed easy prey.

Easy pray my foot! I no sooner had my hand in his pocket that he seemed to notice I was there. How could he have noticed? I was one of the best thieves in Rata Sum. I was inconceivable!

"Are you lost little girl?" He asked kneeling down talk to me. I drew back enough so he could not see my face behind my hood.

"I'm not a little girl!" I heard my self shout.

"You're not? Are you a dwarf then? I'm pretty sure they died out a long time ago. A fairy perhaps? No, no, no. Those are only make believe." He rambled on to himself.

"A dwarf? Really? You know about them but not Asura? What are you? A..."

"I know!" He shouted to him self. "You're just playing a game with me. You really are a little girl aren't you. Did you lose you mommy and Daddy?"

I stared at him in disbelief. He was a fool, wasn't he? "Yes.... Yes mister. That's exactly what happened. Will you help me pwease? I am so very very scared." I said in the sweetest most innocent voice I could muster.

"No worries little girl! Oh Security!"

I felt my eyes go wide as I let out a yelp before darting away. "Hey! Hey wait! I'm going to find your mommy and daddy for you!" He called after me as I ran

I knew the city like the back of my hand, I was able to climb a branch that stuck to the wall and up onto a veranda that hung over one of the colleges. I hid in silence as I removed my cloak. Perhaps if I changed my look he wouldn't recognize me right away, but I could hear him down below talking to one of the Golems.

"I'd like to report a missing child. I'd say maybe 4-5 years old. Blue hood, very fast. Missing her mommy and daddy. Do you know where she has gone?"

The golem called something in a robotic voice that I couldn't quite make out. "Well if you see her, make sure she gets home okay."

He walked away from the golem muttering "I bet Nefi would be surprised. I finished a quest all on my own. I wonder if she'll give me a prize."

No comments:

Post a Comment