Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nefidean: Winds of Change

I fear I might regret this day. The Sylvari man who I had met a mere few days ago has become my unwilling shadow. I have tried to lose him in the forest Tamin foot hills, in the Godslost Swamp, I even tried to lose him through the back way into Claypool where the spiders roam, and I HATE spiders. The only defense I had left for him was to simply ignore him and treat him as he was. A shadow.

I do admit, have a companion along for some of the tasks I had in front of me was quite useful. His skills as a Mesmer help distract numerous of enemies when the needed arise, like the Ettin I had mistakenly enraged while trying to pay a compliment to. He's had my back and I admit that I was quite grateful for this.

His professional manner has a bit to be desired. I had finally had a suspect to inquire for Captain Thackeray to inquire. Minister Zamon was identified by the paper make he created for that also had been used in giving orders to the local bandits. Captain Thackeray had introduced me to Countess Anise and of course the Sylvari who called him self Luptree started to flirt with her.

I was mortified. Not only was this the leader of the Shining blade, but she was also a Countess. Thankfully she did not seem at all offend by his advances. I am slightly more mortified to think she enjoyed indulging him  and bantering with him. I only assume to believe it must be a Mesmer things. Are they all this... ostentatious.

Upon hearing my report the Countess informed us that we had perfect timing. The Minister was holding an gala in the Rurikton Quarter of Divinity's reach. This would leave his home open for investigation. I would have loved for the chance to snoop around in the ministers house. My Aunt always said I had a knack for putting my noes where it did not belong. Alas I could not even make the decision my self over Luptree's continued pleas of Party.

The gala was lovely I do admit though again Luptree's unprofessional nature was distracting. His awkward dancing and flirting put Faren to shame, though when the two teamed up there was not a lady safe in the room. After some investigating of my own I found him asleep on top of one of the refreshment tables, and another instance having an in-depth conversation with a candelabra. Still, I was able to find the information I needed and witness to collaborate evidence. Before the night was done, Zamon was charged for Treason and brought away for trial.

I stood my ground at the trial as the Prostitution against Zamon, however. The evidence we had was solid as well as overwhelming. Even his own sister was testifying against him. Still, I can't blame him fro the gamble he took when he decided to use a loophole to fight for his innocence literally. With Captain Thackeray's help he will not be troubling the good citizens any more.

It was after the trial that Luptree said something truly surprising. He wanted to team up, indefinitely, and start a guild. He told me he had already filed the paper work and named it himself. The Free Winds. He called it. I tried to discourage him, and let him  know kindly that I wasn't interested. He didn't understand. It was only when his sudden interest in a fire display that I realized that he needed all the help he could get. I agreed to join, and Dwayna help me that I do not regret this.

No comments:

Post a Comment