Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Luptree: Kitties!

The Black Citadel was everything I thought it would be and more.  It was like a giant metal scratching post.  And there were kitties there, so cute and fluffy.  I just wanted to huggle them and squeeze them and pet them and let them know that everything was going to be ok, But NONE of them would let me pet them.  Not one.  I don't know what made the kitties so grouchy.  

I received sneers, threats upon my person but not one fluffy thing to pet.  I don't know what gives.  
Also some strange questions came up in Ashland that I really would like to get answers to.  First off how do ghosts carry money?  I found coins and items on multiple specters.  Do you know how odd it is picking items off a corpse when there is no corpse?  Nefi Said I was just picking up junk off the ground, but junk or not it was dropped by ghosts.  Also how do the same ghosts react differently to being hit with different sword strokes?  Nefi said they were ghosts of different people but then why appear, say the same three lights and explode like ectoplasm piñatas into coins weapons and sometimes really moldy candy, I think there may be more to it than that.

It got slightly depressing for a while too.  Nefi seemed sad at points.  I think it is one thing to meet the spirits of your ancestors, it is entirely another to face them in battle because they can't tell you apart from some long dead bad kitties.  As a Sylvari we don't really have much history.  I regularly chop my ancestors down to get wood for my weapons, now to be fair I normally chop down the most evil of the trees and spare the just and honest ones.  But our entire story is two humans got into a fight.  One planted a tree.  Now the tree eventually gained sentience and started giving life to random thoughts (myself being one of them).  

My ancestral kin are the birches and oaks of Tyria, no one, not even us knows our actual lifespan. Humans on the other hand live roughly sixty to eighty years and then die, constantly renewing generation.  Nefi comes from a long line of a race that at one time were THE  great race of our world, at least before the dragons came. My only real direct ancestor is the Pale tree and while I would rather remain estranged from her for the time being, I would not wish harm upon her. 

On top of this seeing the events pass over and over, sometimes multiple times in minutes.  It must have been hard on her, and I am unsure if I would ever bring her here again.  Other than that, YAY KITTIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment